Data, Repository & Scholarly Communication Division
Data, Repository & Scholarly Communication Division is responsible for all Library digitization and repository activities such as planning, coordinating, collecting, organizing, and providing access to scholarly works produced by the University's faculties, researchers, staffs and students. This division also responsible in managing the University’s institutional repository - Repository@USM - as a platform to showcase selected research outputs of Universiti Sains Malaysia’s academics and graduates. All research outputs provided are freely available via library portal in order to support teaching and learning along with research and consultation activities in addition to ensure extensive dissemination and impact to Universiti Sains Malaysia’s scholarly works which then contribute to the growth of research literatures to the world
• Manage all library electronic resources in digital format i.e. Repository@USM.
• Organize metadata of all digital contents in Repository@USM.
• Promote the usage of the Repository@USM to Universiti Sains Malaysia’s community.
• Plan and strategize the direction of the University’s Institutional Repository.
• Coordinate human capital to manage the University’s Institutional Repository.
• Collect, organize and provide access to all scholarly works (research articles, books, theses, examination papers, research reports and images, etc.) available in the University’s Institutional Repository.
• Review all Institutional Repository’s contents (Agreements, Intellectual Property Rights, Copyrights, etc.) to be visible on the internet.
For further information, contact:
Head of Division
Liaison for : Pure Science
Tel : +604 653 2885
Muhammad Akmal Ahmat
Liaison for : Centre for Global Sustainability Studies (CGSS)
Tel : +604 653 3982
Musa Mohamed Ghazali
Liaison for : School of Industrial Technology
Tel : +604 653 3031