Data, Repository & Scholarly Communication Division
Data, Repository & Scholarly Communication Division is responsible for all Library digitization and repository activities such as planning, coordinating, collecting, organizing, and providing access to scholarly works produced by the University's faculties, researchers, staffs and students. This division is also responsible in managing the University’s institutional repository - Repository@USM - as a platform to showcase selected research outputs of Universiti Sains Malaysia’s academics as well as graduates. All research outputs provided are freely available online in order to support research, learning and teaching activities in the University and also to ensure extensive dissemination and impact to Universiti Sains Malaysia’s scholarly works which will contribute to the growing body of research literatures to the world.
• Manage all library electronic resources in digital format i.e. Repository@USM.
• Organize metadata of all digital contents in Repository@USM.
• Promote the use of all Library electronic resources to Universiti Sains Malaysia’s community.
• Plan and strategize the direction of the University’s Institutional Repository.
• Coordinate human capital to manage the University’s Institutional Repository.
• Collect, organize and provide access to all scholarly works (as articles, books, theses, papers, research reports and images, etc.) available in the University’s Institutional Repository.
• Review all Institutional Repository’s contents (Agreements, Intellectual Property Rights, Copyrights, etc.) for visibility on the internet.
For further information, contact:
Head of Division
Liaison for : Pure Science
Tel : +604 653 2885
Muhammad Akmal Ahmat
Liaison for : Centre for Global Sustainability Studies (CGSS)
Tel : +604 653 3982
Musa Mohamed Ghazali
Liaison for : School of Industrial Technology
Tel : +604 653 3031